Grant solicitation and all stages of the grant review process are conducted entirely by volunteers who are current members of Impact100 DC. Organizations apply in one of the five focus areas described below – Arts & Culture, Education, Environment, Family, or Health & Wellness.
- In order to make our application process as inclusive as possible, we offer online workshops to walk potential applicants through the application process and familiarize them with the grant application software we will be using. (Participation is encouraged but not required.) The next workshop will take place on January 13, 2021.
- On January 26, 2021, we will announce the size of the available grant.
- The online grant application opens on January 27, 2021 and the deadline for grant proposals is March 8, 2021. Volunteer members of our five focus area committees review all applications.
- The first round of grant review runs through March. All applicants will be notified by email as to whether or not they have been selected to continue in the process.
- A second, more intensive round of grant review runs through April. We will notify you as to whether your organization moves ahead to a site visit.
- Site visits occur in May.
- Following final deliberations, each Focus Area Committee will select a single finalist.
- Finalists will be featured at a “Meet our Finalists” event in early to mid June.
- The Annual Awards Celebration and announcement of our 2021 grantee will take place in September.
Apply for a Grant