Organizations eligible to apply for the Impact100 grant must be:
- Tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, independent of a financial sponsor (local affiliates may apply under the 501(c)(3) of the national organization).
- Located in and serve residents of the District of Columbia, Montgomery, Prince George’s, Arlington, and/or Fairfax Counties; or the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, and Falls Church.
- In possession of at least 3 full years (36 months) of independently prepared, audited or reviewed financial statements.
- As we continue to grow and evolve, IMPACT100 DC reserves the right to change its eligibility criteria without notice at any time.
Funding Priority will be given to organizations that:
- Propose a new project/program or expansion of an existing, proven project/program that will have a high impact and transformative effect on the organization and the community it serves;
- Have annual operating budgets above $500,000 and below $5,000,000;
- Target under-served populations;
- Highlight unmet needs in the region; and
- Will have a high impact on beneficiaries or the community.
In addition, we evaluate whether an organization has established best practices as it relates to diversity, financial sustainability, board governance, collaboration with other entities, and evaluation.
What We Do Not Fund:
- Debt reduction, operating deficits, interim or bridge funding or endowment funding;
- Individuals or private foundations;
- Activities that are religious or political in nature;
- Early childhood or K-12 programs, programs at individual colleges or universities, scholarships;
- Fund drives, annual appeals, fundraising events, or general capital campaigns.
We will offer workshops in January 2021 to provide interested nonprofits information about our organization and its mission, review the grant application, and answer questions about the application and/or process. These workshops are recommended for all prospective applicants, but are not required to file an application. Check the Grant Guidelines when they are released for more information about where and when the informational workshops will occur.
Apply for a Grant